Backyard gazebo

Backyard gazebo
Enjoying a cup at home

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Shelly's Coffee Shop

For my first coffee shop visit I decided upon Shelly's Coffee Shop.  It is located in a residential neighborhood at 43 Circular Drive in the Charlo suburb about three and a half kilometers from our home.  I chose this shop because it seems as though I pass it every day on my way to somewhere else.  It is also relatively close to San Francesco RC Church.  After Mass on Friday morning, Feb 11, I set off with this week's fellow "crawlers," Gail Taverner, Beth Vieira, and Fran de Beer.  I met these ladies at San Francesco when we first moved here and they have made me feel very welcome.  I extended to them the invitation to join me on my maiden visit of "The Crawl" and they were only too happy to oblige.

Friday was a beautiful day with temps in the high 20s (Celsius, that is).  I just had to mention that to those of you who are freezing in the Northeastern U.S.  This certainly doesn't feel like February to me!!  Anyway....

Gail, Fran, and I ordered cappuccinos while Beth got her black coffee, no sugar.  Beth said her coffee was good and hot.  Gail, Fran, and I agreed that the cappuccinos were very creamy.  Fran is not a fan of overly creamy but that is just how I like it, except that means twenty extra minutes on the treadmill at the gym!

We met the owner, Michele Totton.  She's very welcoming and all smiles.  When we told her that we just came over from San Francesco she said she has been there for music trivia night, and her team won the last time!  Well, I took that as a challenge.  I'll see you at the next trivia night, Michele.... :)
Michele may join me one day as I continue my crawl.

We also had a chance to meet the barista, Thulie (pronounced toolee). 

Shelly's has been open since June, 2010.    It's a great little place with a tremendous breakfast and lunch menu.  The black and white decor inside is very tastefully done, comfortable and inviting.  We sat out on the deck because the weather was sooooo nice (sorry, I couldn't resist).  It is a place I will definitely return to with visitors and friends.  Thank you, Michele, for a great cappuccino and fun experience.

Ellen

Meet the Owner
Michele Totton





Meet the Barista
Thulie

This Week's Crawlers
Gail, Fran, Beth








1 comment: